Receive benefit from plants,
repay for plants.
BOTANIST commits for sustainable future.
There are things that only BOTANIST can do.
Because BOTANIST is the one that lives in harmony with plants.
To pay deep respect for plants.
To obtain profound knowledge on the power and beauty of plants
for even deeper quest for them.
And to commit the best efforts for ensuring the sustainability
of the planet through conservation of plants,
in order to foster the richer harmonization
between plants and we human.
Step by step, we are going forward.
We have so many things we can do
for the nature and our planet.
We are going to focus our efforts on these three commitments.
LIFE ON LAND
Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Began to support More Trees, a forest conservation organization
- Start to use environment-friendly paper, such as Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)-certified paper, for set packaging boxes
- Start to use environment-friendly paper, such as FSC-certified paper, for promotional materials
- Promote the replacement of every paper-made material including attention stickers, packaging boxes, promotional materials and packing materials with materials made from environment-friendly paper, such as FSC-certified paper
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Began to use recycled PET materials for set packaging boxes
- Introduced eco-friendly labels for skincare series
- Start to use biomass content PET containers for the new product line
- Start to use attention stickers made from eco-friendly material for the new product line
- Start to use eco-friendly paper for the set packaging boxes
- Switch the materials used for a part of flagship products to eco-friendly materials, such as biomass content PET containers
- Use eco-friendly material for the refill pouches of the new product line
- Switch the material for attention stickers to paper
- Start to use eco-friendly plastic parts for the promotion materials
- Use eco-friendly plastic materials for every container, set packaging boxes, promotion materials, and packing materials; promote switching to paper materials as far as possible
RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Start to sale on LOOP
Plants have a power to survive by themselves; they are providing blessings in various form to the environments and society. We are to obtain profound knowledge on plants for even deeper quest for them.
Use materials prepared in consideration of the environmental conservation to the extent possible, while reducing the amount of waste to lower the environmental burden.
Avoid unnecessary use of plants to preserve the species of plants.
In BOTANIST cafe, we do whatever is possible to use ingredients prepared in consideration of the environmental conservation, while reducing the amount of waste to lower the environmental burden.
- Stopped using plastic straws and switch into paper straws
- Chose cups made from eco-friendly plastic to serve with special dishes
- Changed into the wet towels with no plastic cover
- Use of environment-friendly material for shopper bags and gift boxes